From Local to Global
Santa Clarita Valley International Program (SCVIP) is the local nonprofit sister city organization of Santa Clarita. SCVIP was founded by Carl Boyer, founder of SCVIP and former City of Santa Clarita Mayor. SCVIP’s mission and purpose is to shepherd the creation and development of sister city relationships where education, economic development and cultural awareness may be exchanged, implemented and strengthened.
Sister City relationships mean opportunities for learning and economic growth for the Santa Clarita Valley. The breaking of cultural barriers, partnerships in business and education, cooperative problem solving and strategic alliances will benefit both the community in the Santa Clarita Valley and those communities abroad whom Santa Clarita has established partnerships.
SCVIP seeks to engage the residents of Santa Clarita in a wide variety of activities. Whether your interests lie in sustainable development, economic growth, education, humanitarian aid, arts and culture or international travel, SCVIP facilitates and participates in activities such as:
- Sister Cities
- Medical and Literacy Missions
- Sister Schools
- Global Collaborative Programs
- Annual Young Artists & Authors Showcases
- Student Exchanges
- International Travel
2020 Young Artists and Authors Showcase – “One World: Out of Many, We are One”
Students are invited to explore these questions by highlighting citizen diplomacy and the creative ways that we create peace through people-to-people interactions.
* How can internationally-engaged future leaders help communities address the global challenges of social unity and peace in the 21st century?
* How does international experience (not just limited to travel abroad) affect an individual or community’s ability to adapt?
* What are some examples/illustrations of coming together and celebrating our humanity?
For questions on how to apply, contact SisterCities@santa-clarita.com. Click on Programs/Events for information about past entries.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SISTER CITIES
SoCal Chapter, Sister Cities International
SISTER CITIES INTERNATIONAL